Table of Contents
A FRESH PERSPECTIVE ON MARKETING
- Be yourself – and get paid for it
- Are you willing to change?
- Marketing vs. advertising
- What’s wrong with marketing today?
- What’s a more ethical marketing alternative?
- Using tension, not manipulation
- You’re not for everyone and that’s ok
MAKING YOUR MARKETING PLAN
- The simple 6-box plan
WHO – WHAT – WHY
BOX 1: Who is it for?
- What is their worldview?
- Who is your ideal client?
- How to describe your ideal client
- An easy way to get clear on your niche
BOX 2: What value do you deliver?
- Taking clients on a journey
- What’s stopping them
- Your value from the client’s perspective
- Creating what your ideal client wants to buy
- How to answer the question, “What do you do?”
BOX 3: Why can they trust you to deliver it?
- Tell the story your ideal client has been waiting to hear
- Your personal story – the story of self – why you?
- Your business story – the story of us – why change?
- Your client story – the story of now – why now?
VALUE – PRODUCT – PRICE
- Communicating your value
- Mapping your method
- Creating your product
- Creating the perfect fit
- Putting a price on it
- Your story about money
- What are you pricing for?
CONNECT – CONSIDER – COMMIT
BOX 4: Creating the first step
- Your promise
- The first step
- ‘Why?’ prompts
- Do I need a website?
BOX 5: Giving clients something to consider
- Where are they now?
- What’s the path they can take?
- What will your client’s lives be like after they work with you?
- Creating your method webpage
- Offering something to take away
BOX 6: Connecting with new people
- Attracting the right people
- Making content the easy way
- Why you only need 100 true fans
- What content to create
- How much content to make
- Which format is best for your content?
- Making a content workflow
- Being brave
- How do you make your content ‘shareable’?
MAKING THE PLAN WORK – OVER AND OVER AGAIN
- Making it work for you
- Why are there no timings for this plan?
- Getting more referrals
- Forming a marketing habit
- How to do marketing when you have no spare time
- Mini Rants: Lessons from 20 years doing marketing